In his book, “How To Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day,” Gelb invites readers to take some lessons about living from Leonardo da Vinci.
The book is based on what Gelb calls the seven da Vincian Principles:
- Curiosita’ – an insatiable curiosity
- Dimostrazione – testing knowledge through experience
- Sensazione – continued refinement of the senses
- Sfumato – a willingness to embrace ambiguity
- Arte/Scienza – developing a balance between art and science
- Corporalita’ – cultivating fitness and poise
- Connessione – recognizing and appreciating that all phenomena are connected.