At one time or another in everyone’s life they have experienced some form of stress. Stress is the state of emotional or mental strain that affects the mental as well as physical state of an individual. When a person is suffering from stress it can cause a lot of problems like:
• Anorexia or loss of appetite
• Lack of interest in things that they use to enjoy
• An increase in alcohol consumption
• Smoking more
• Decreased sexual drive
• Food cravings
• Having trouble sleeping or feeling tired
• Having trouble concentrating
If you are under a lot of stress at work there are ways that you can relieve it without displaying anger or raising your blood pressure.
• Learn to manage your time is an essential requirement if you want to learn how to deal with stress at work. If you can learn to manage your time you will be able to complete most of your work with little effort and can result in reducing or even eliminating the stress that you face when you are faced with a deadline or with having work that needs to be done by end of day or the end of the month. Try to learn multitasking to help you finish your job quickly.
• Workouts—if you cannot get to a gym because of work situations try some workouts at home or take a walk during lunch at work. Exercise is important in helping you keep healthy both physically and mentally.
• Take a break—this does not mean your normal lunch and regular breaks but a real break like a vacation even if you just stay at home. Spend that time with friends and family and forget all about work. This will help to rejuvenate your spirit.
Dealing with stress at work and them coming home to deal with more stress can really put a strain on your health. While you are working on controlling your stress at work here are some things you can do to work on your stress at home.
• When you get home from work and on weekends learn how to relax. Some ways to do that is to listen to soothing music, take a walk with your family or friends, meditation, yoga, or even a warm relaxing bath. Do whatever helps you to relax because no two people relax in the same way.
• Learn to organize yourself because if everything around you is chaotic then you are more likely to feel stress out. Have a list of things that you need to do each day after you get off work and on weekends but do not forget time for fun. Use your crock-pot to have your supper ready when you get home from work.
• Get a hobby like building things out of wood, sewing, making crafts to sell at craft shows.
• Spend time with the family
These are just a few of the different things that you can do to help avoid stress.
It will look like this: How to Avoid Stress at Work and Home