It is no secret that the quality of consumer merchandise has dropped significantly in recent decades. Products made today are not designed to last more than a season or two and are nearly always cheaper to replace than to repair.
Have you ever said, “it’s only a dream”? While we often dismiss dreams, or fail to make room for them in the hurry of our daily lives, dreams can be a fabulous source of guidance, healing and juice for any day. Dreams offer us nine tremendous gifts.
1. We solve problems in our sleep
Jeff Taylor woke in the middle of the night from a dream in which he created an electronic bulletin board that was lit up with eager job-hunters logging in from all over the map. He scrawled the phrase “Monster board” on a pad in the dark, then rushed to an all-night coffee shop and roughed out the plan for what became the stunningly successful internet job agency, Monster.com
Do you remember that first spark of hope you felt when you watched The Secret? I clearly remember the desire that filled my heart, knowing that – Yes, I can make my dreams come true – Finally!
But how many of you soon saw that hope dwindle into frustration? How many of you (and be honest now) started muttering things like:
- “It seems to work for other people, but I just can’t get it right.”
- “I’m frustrated that sometimes I can get it to work, but sometimes I can’t. What’s the trick?”
- “Why am I having so much trouble?”
- “I think the universe is against me.”
- “I’m trying very, VERY hard but still nothing is happening!”
Backed with feeling, affirmations are very powerful statements. Start saying your affirmations with feeling today! Affirmations are a great way to start moving your vibration from a lower state to a higher state fast!
A low vibration is exemplified by:
- Low energy
- Self-defeating attitudes
- Any beliefs that feel less than good
- Feelings of limitation
- Lack of any sort – feeling “less than”
- “Not good enough” feelings about your body, your health, your money, your relationships or absence thereof
These thoughts and feelings are what keep us stuck in recreating more of what we already have . . . not enough. It’s always best to start where you already are.