Resilient models of thinking may not have prevented today’s economic disasters, but I can’t help but wonder if the Big Three automakers would be solvent today if they had implemented new models of thinking.
- Do you know how you think?
- Do you know what you do when you have to think something through?
Try this exercise:
Take a few minutes to write what you are thinking. When you are done, take a look at what you have written. Keep the following questions in mind:
- Is your thinking organized? Methodical?
- Do you use a charting or mapping process to keep track of the flow of your ideas?
- How do you know where one stage or type of thinking ends and another one begins?