“The mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” – Confucius
With any undertaking, it’s important to have the right tools. The same is true when you simplify, scale back, live more frugally and sustainably, and make room in your life for things you love.
We’ve already discussed several key tools. The Short List:
- Determining your essentials and eliminating the rest.
- A “thriving” mindset where you focus on what you love, not what you don’t have.
- An “enough” mindset, where you realize you already have enough, and stop wanting more.
- A plan to reduce expenses, both small and large.
- Sound financial habits.
- Debt-elimination strategies.